June 9, 2009

Dog vs. puppy


Ok this won't be a surprise to most but I have been looking for a companion for Callie for well over 6 months now. I was going to adopt a labradoodle named Duncan and that fell through at the last minute - I was heart broken because I got myself all excited for a month and a half. Well the last few weeks I have been applying to all different rescue organizations in the Atlanta area. Most will not approve me b/c I do not have a back yard. They can't say anything about work hours as a nurse because I have a dog walker - thanks to my great neighbor Dana and her daughter. So I started looking at breeders and searching. 

So (drum roll please)....I went to a labradoodle breeder today and bottle fed and played with potential future puppies. It was amazing!!!! I fell in love and cannot decide what to do now. There are 2 liters to choose from - one is 1 week old today and right around 1 to 1.5 lbs and the other is 2 weeks old and all 1.5 to 2.5 lbs. It is like feeding a preemie -- I know, I know but I can't help it b/c my dogs are my babies.  It is so much fun!!! I have the opportunity to be a guardian home for one of the puppies (male or female) and when the breeder is done using them it would be my forever pet. The puppy would live with me and I would raise it but occasionally go and "reproduce" and then come back home. You have to buy the puppy up front but after all is said and done -- the breeder would have the dog spayed/neutered and you get either your money back or 1st pick of another puppy. It is a great way to get a top notch dog for nothing (in the end) or a two for one deal. 

Or...I could wait and adopt/rescue a dog. I have been on this "roller coaster" for over 6 months and really tired of getting really excited just for the door to close. Everything happens for a reason and seriously this is not a huge life decision but it has been a hard few months waiting and being patient. If only I could go ask for a little egg and sperm and then find a donor and "walaa" a puppy for me!!! Oh and I know only NICU nurses are laughing at this -- so sorry for my humor. 

So please stay tuned for future details on a puppy or dog b/c seriously I am determined and focused now:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

pumpkin patch by shabbyblogs.com

Beach trip for 26th B'day

Beach trip for 26th B'day
Kristen, me, and Kayla

Northside Co-workers

Northside Co-workers

Village Grove Neighbors

Village Grove Neighbors
best neighbors ever

Best Days of My Life

Best Days of My Life
me with my nieces and nephew

Graduation

Graduation
Me and my bestie, Kristen

My siblings and me - Jenny, Joshua, Stephanie, and me