June 11, 2009

Rescue

Update on the dog situation....

For those of you who don't know I am very indecisive. This is almost like a conversation with myself or vent session but seriously please comment and let me know what you think. I need clarity b/c I have been around and around in my head and getting nowhere. 

So a rescue organization (Labrador Friends of the South) I met a Petapalooza a few weeks ago contacted me to do a home visit for fostering. They came tonight and I was approved -- shocker b/c everyone wants you to have a fenced back yard -- obviously I don't with a townhouse. I told them my requests were: male, younger preferable puppy or young adult, good with kids and Callie (my dog), and chocolate or black (if possible). If I decide to go this route I would wait until I got back from vacation (July 4-10) to foster a dog. 

Option 2 - labradoodle (multigen) from Tennessee male (chocolate or black) that is non-shedding that is 12 weeks old that is $400 -- way cheap for a labradoodle. OH and those of you like me that are new to labradoodle puppies, they are usually about $1500-2300!!!! Craziness. '

So I am leaning towards a non-shedding dog due to allergies and honestly Callie sheds enough to keep me busy cleaning this house. I am open to anything -- adopting, rescuing, breeder, etc. I also have looked at Shih Tzus because Callie plays so good with my sister's dog Jefferson. So a little progress but not a decision  yet. Any insight or suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I would go with the labrodoodle. My sister-in-law fosters boxers and she always has some issue with them and then she gets attached to them (after she fixes the issue) and by that time, it's time for them to go to their real home. Just my opinion though. I do admire that you would be willing to foster.

    ReplyDelete

pumpkin patch by shabbyblogs.com

Beach trip for 26th B'day

Beach trip for 26th B'day
Kristen, me, and Kayla

Northside Co-workers

Northside Co-workers

Village Grove Neighbors

Village Grove Neighbors
best neighbors ever

Best Days of My Life

Best Days of My Life
me with my nieces and nephew

Graduation

Graduation
Me and my bestie, Kristen

My siblings and me - Jenny, Joshua, Stephanie, and me